January 5, 2016

D.I.Y. So Tack-y

D.I.Y. Fabric Cork Board 
My mom and I found an old cork board over the summer when looking through old storage. I thought it would be fun to dress it up with some patterned fabric to tie in with my dorm color scheme (navy and white).  

1. What you need. 
  • navy and white striped fabric 
  • fabric scissors 
  • white thumb tacks 
  • cork board  
  • pom pom ribbon 
2. Applying the fabric.
  • cut the fabric to fit the area of the board with an additional inch border
  • stretch fabric and pin into place 
    • pin approximately every three inches (or as needed) 
  • fold over diagonally so each corner can have a snug fit 

 3. Adding the Ribbon.
  • pin one end of the ribbon on the back of the board 
  • stretch across making and inch border 
  • secure ribbon on the other end on the back of the board
  • pin five times across the long end and four across the short end to ensure a tight seal  












4. Enjoy!
  • perfect for placing over your desk
  • accessorize with pictures
  • write yourself reminders 

I hope this inspires you all to get crafty. 

xx, Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment